Wednesday, July 8, 2015

June 29 5 second rule

> Having one less day between emailing made this week 2 seconds long. In > this area I feel like I always have the same thing to tell ya'll > about- Miracles and work!! That's my life right now and I couldn't be > happier. :) sister Reid promised to make her mom's famous pumpkin > pancakes for me this week so things literally couldn't be better in my > world! > > Our all-star investigator at the moment is Aaron! He has had a really > hard life and has just seen a lot of rough stuff. We got to teach him > a ton this week. The turning point was the plan of salvation. Aaron's > family is super important to him. He wants his 4 kids to grow up to be > good successful Christian people. He works so hard to provide the best > life in the world for them. As we taught him the plan of salvation he > kept saying things like- "I don't really believe in a heaven or hell. > I wish there was like a good, better, best kind of a thing." or "I > know after we die out bodies become part of the earth...but I haven't > figured out where our spirits go.." COULD HE BE ANY MORE PERFECT!?!? > At the end of the lesson Aaron talked about how he doesn't think he > can get to the highest kingdom because he has messed up too many > times. The spirit was incredible as we testified of the atoning > sacrifice of Jesus Christ. After that lesson Aaron started keeping his > commitments to read the Book of Mormon! He's committed to get married > to his fiancé before his baptism and he has completely given up > smoking! The atonement is real! We met him a week into the transfer > and he's already changing before our eyes. > > This week we also got to go on exchanges. I went into the Spanish > world again. I love Spanish exchanges because the culture is so much > friendlier and nicer than American culture. Even if they don't want to > listen they are still super nice! The hard part is figuring out what > they are saying! One day I will figure out Spanish. Kinda lost hope > but that's okay. I went to Deming with hermana Beatty. She has been > out for 2 months and was super nervous about taking over the area. It > was another successful exchange though. She was struggling with a few > things. I did my best to help. When President Passey told me I was > going to be an stl I was worried I wouldn't know what to say or how to > be a leader. My day with Hermana Beatty reminded me once again that I > just have to do my best and the spirit will do the rest. > > Spanish exchanges gave me an idea. I've decided to use the 5 second > rule in my life! Here's what that means. Every time that i get a > spiritual prompting I'm giving myself 5 seconds to act. While Hermana > Beatty was struggling a little bit to fully communicate in Spanish, I > sat there trying the think of something I could do to help. That's > when I decided to let the scriptures do the talking. All throughout > lessons I would have no clue what anyone was talking about. From the > second we got in the house i started to pray that i would be able to > share a scripture verse that would somehow answer a question the > person had. 5 SECOND RULE! Even if it meant cutting someone off, I > went for it the second someone stopped for a breath. IT WAS SOOOOOO > COOL! Every time the whole room would look at me like I was crazy. I'd > hold my breath and pray really hard that I wasn't throwing out some > random verse. As they read I watched faces light up and I knew the > spirit hard done it's job. I love the spirit! The whole hope and trust > thing just keeps coming up! Alma 26:12 > > This next week is full of back to back appointments. We spent every > free second at church asking people if they could come out with us to > certain lessons. The ward and branch are really starting to trust us > and recognize that there is work in our area! The miracles and > blessings just keep coming! I couldn't be more grateful. Alma 7:7-17 > we are spending Thursday and Friday at the Passey house for a sister > training leader training and Mlc. I'm pretty excited to go back to the > cactus for a quick trip! Plus president and sister Passey always have > something incredible to teach. Nobody knows how we are going to get > everything done the rest of the week though! It's going to be crazy > busy that's for sure! > > Have an amazing week! I love you all and am excited to hear that all > of you are living summer life up to the fullest! Keep it real in the > 801. > > Love, > > Your Silver City Sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment