Monday, April 27, 2015

April 6- Just do it

It's been another Spirit filled week! On Tuesday we got to go to zone conference. The whole conference was about the Book of Mormon challenge that we were given last December. We were supposed to read the Book of Mormon with one topic in mind. It was cool to open up to a random scripture and see how everyone got something completely different out of it because of the topic that they had been studying. Pretty much everyone had picked a different topic. During the conference I got to reflect on a lot of topics and questions that I had been praying about the past couple of months. Slowly I realized (light bulb moment) that all of my questions had been answered just by looking back on what I had learned over the past few months. One of the biggest light bulb moments was realizing that the only thing that made a Book of Mormon hero a hero was his desire to serve God. Pretty sure God didn't tell Captain Moroni exactly where to go and which men to send where and what time this all needed to happen. Moroni needed to have enough faith to say "Okay I'll try this and if it's wrong then let me know." His desire to serve God was far greater than his desire to stay safe or to be great or to do anything for himself! It's the same with everyone else in the Book of Mormon. Most of the time they were just doing what they thought God wanted them to do then accepted correction when it came. Ugh I have so much work to do before have that much faith! It's the same with every decision we make. Most of the time God isn't going to say "Sister Barton go knock on that door". We have to grow the desire to serve God and then just do it! We have to have the desire to get an education and then just do it. We have to have the desire to have faith and then the faith will come. It's not supposed to be complicated! Anyways there's my rant. The Book of Mormon is incredible. I got to go on exchanges to YSA again! This time with Sister Sutherland. She's from Idaho and has been out for 17 months.---Yikes! haha She's really cool though. We had a pretty awesome day full of trying to help her pink wash an area. I love pink washing. It's simply the best! We had lots of miracles throughout the day like a random man buying us dinner because he felt like he needed to. The best miracle was at the very end of the night. We had planned to join the ward in a ultimate Frisbee game (#ysamissionarylife) but somehow the whole ward forgot to tell the Sisters that it was canceled. They had a former investigator show up named junior. Well Junior ended up being a former investigator and a former RSL soccer player from Africa. Okay cool. I told him I was from Salt Lake City and he threw in that he used to play for RSL. I didn't believe him but he had pictures to prove it. I was a little excited about life and that moment. We taught him the restoration and about the Book of Mormon. He said he would be at church and would love to meet with missionaries again. It was kinda awesome. Next lets talk about Easter! Our church building didn't broadcast conference so we watched every session with a different member. It was cool to see how every family watched conference very differently. We were fed way too much food but all in all conference was incredible. Every talk reaffirmed to me that those men are called of God. Once again so many of my questions were answered. I loved being able to hear the testimonies of our leaders knowing that what they are saying is true. That this Gospel is true. That the whole purpose of God's plan for us is to find joy in being a family. We are all children of God. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world! He is here for us always. He rose of the third day. He died so that we can live. helives.mormon.org I know these things without a doubt in my mind. I love you all and am glad to hear all is going well! Please keep Naomi and her family in your prayers! Have a good week and I'll talk to ya in a week! -Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment