Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Almost Conference- March 30

Another week in the cute middle of nowhere has happened. On Wednesday we went to district meeting. As soon as I walk in the door my district leader yelled, "Sister Barton, Do you know what day it is? HUMP DAY" I thought he was talking about how it's wednesday so the week was half over. After an hour of trying to figure out why he kept calling it MY day I realized I have been out nine months. We were in the MTC together so he was pretty stoked to tell me that it was my half way mark. Not going to lie it crushed me a whole lot more than anything else. How did that go by so fast???? I need time to slow way down! I've got too much to learn and do and no time to do it! I'm kinda waiting for President Monson so announce that girls are asked to stay out two years..."ask and ye shall receive" right??? :) It sounds like everything in the 801 is pretty much the same. I'm sad to say I don't have a whole lot to report this week either. The work is going better than it ever has before. Naomi and our new investigator, Tyler, will be getting baptized at the end of the month! Tyler is a pretty cool story. His girlfriend is in our ward. She has been bring him to church since last June. He has done a really good job at dodging missionaries! When I very first got here I was told that he didn't want to talk to missionaries and he has already heard the discussions. Then people always added that his girlfriend would be mad if we talked to him. That didn't make sense to me because if he's going to church every week then something had to be up! Finally we cornered him 2 weeks ago while he was running off to teach primary. (yes he's not a member yet and they asked him and his girlfriend to substitute in primary). We finally got him in time and asked if he wanted to hear the discussions. He accepted. Teaching him is so fun! The only time I've taught someone to close to my own age is on exchanges so it's a whole new ball game. It's really cool to be able to relate to him a whole lot quicker. This week has been super full of running from one appointment to the next which I am really grateful for. It always makes everything better when you have places to be. If we weren't teaching then we were helping people move. I am completely exhausted and loving every second of it. Sorry this email is really short and kinda lame. I just don't really know what to write about. I'm at a dead end... I know this church is true. I know that there is a divine power helping us every step of this mortal journey. I know that Heavenly Father loves us. I can't believe how much my mission has already changed me. I just got out here and Sister Barton is a completely different person. It's starting to warm right up in Arizona! It's about 90 degrees everyday. Can you believe it's already summer? People keep asking me if I'm nervous for the heat but I have a feeling the heat will be a whole lot easier the second time around. I wear a jacket in 80 degrees so 115 shouldn't be too bad. Right?? I love you all so much! Please keep Naomi, Tyler, Cassandra, Alexander, Rudy, Ronaldo, Kristina, and Karen in your prayers!
Brother Priest is letting us grow eggs in the spirit of easter! I am so excited to have baby chicks running all over our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment