Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Aug. 31 Pray always that ye shall not faint?

I can't begin to express how excited we are about this new transfer. > Our transfer phone call was expected but nobody predicted this one! > Sister Reid and I will be staying in Silver City and we pick up our > baby tomorrow morning! We'll be training in a trio!! PERFECTION TO THE > MAX! It took forever to figure out how to get 3 beds to fit into our > tiny bedroom but eventually we figured it out! Our apartment is > officially "baby/trio proofed" :). The joke of the branch is that the > sister missionaries are having a baby before anyone else. Everyone is > pretty excited to meet the new Sister. > > This week we went on exchanges. I love teaching with Sister Hubert and > learning from her. The biggest miracle of the exchange was talking to > a random woman on a bench. Sharae is a young mom that was actually > supposed to be set up to meet with elders a few months ago. It never > happened but she has wanted to learn more ever since. She thought she > had to be baptized before coming to church. Where do people get these > crazy ideas?!? She's super prepared and we can't wait to start > teaching her. > On exchanges we were also able to have a fantastic lesson with Mari > about the temple. She already knows about baptisms and all that but > this time we talked to her about D&C 95:8. Being endowed with power. > She is scared to death to stand alone without her families support. > It's neat to watch her eyes open on the fact that there are so many > unseen family members rooting her on. We started her up on genealogy > and she is so excited to take her moms name to the temple. > > On Friday we were about to start teaching the Lantz family about the > commandments. The. The spirit told is not to two seconds before > entering their mobile home. (I don't like it when that happens). We > walked in having no clue what to say. One thing I've learned is if you > don't know what to say you better testify about the atonement and our > savior, Jesus Christ. We read 2 Nephi 33 and testified of the > atonement. The spirit was powerful and we left with grateful hearts. > The atonement has never let me down!! Seeing that family at church is > always the best part of my week. After sacrament meeting Sister Lantz > gave me a huge hug and said that you. The meeting was on the temple > and Sister Lantz knows that the temple is exactly where her family is > finally headed. Pure joy!! > > Between old men slipping us "Emergency money" underneath the table at > breakfast, sister lundall repeatedly trying to train us how to be > wives, completely failing at jeopardy at ysa activities, testifying > over and over again about the atonement, rearranging our whole > apartment to fit another sister, and teaching sunbeams about being > thankful, it's been a fantastic week. I couldn't be more grateful for > another transfer here! > > I know I have more stories but I'm feeling too lazy to keep writing so > mom you can read my journal later! > > I know that the only reason I got through this week because of many > prayers and Devine help!! I always say I'm exhausted then another week > goes by and I'm shocked I haven't plopped over yet. Pray must be real > or something!!! I love this work! I love my Heavenly Father. I love > being a missionary! Thank you for everything! Keep it real in the 801 > :D I'm praying for ya'll. > > Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment