Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sept. 7 Preaching the Gospel 3 by 3

I was a little intimidated to be in a trio but I'm pretty sure Sister > Tanner couldn't have come on a better week. Heavenly Father loves this > girl as do Sister Reid and I. She's a bit more put together than we > are so she keeps us in line. We are slowly bringing out her silly > self. Our lessons are full of lots of silences as we stare at her to > say something but she's getting the hang of it way faster than I did!! > I'm a proud mama. > > On Monday night we drove to Wilcox then Tuesday morning we drove to > Tucson to pick up cute Sister Tanner. It was so fun to see almost all > of my past companions and some mission buddies. I love these people!! > We drove home as fast as our tiwi (car monitor) would allow. We got > there just in time to grab a handful of food and run to a lesson with > Christine. She is flawless!! We got to teach her 3 times this week. We > had a lesson Saturday and forgot to warn her about testimony meeting. > We sent her a quick text Saturday night warning her that church would > be a little bit different this week. We got to 3rd ward sacrament > meeting a little late because only 5 members showed up to ysa which > means they needed a little more help (holiday weekends are rough). We > sat 2 rows behind Christine and the lantz's. Within 2 testimonies > sister Lantz and Christine we're bringing out the tissues. I watched > as Christine nodded her head more and more with every testimony. > > When the meeting ended we ran to them. Christine gave us huge hugs and > said "that was the most powerful thing I've ever felt." She told us > that brother Lantz had explained fasting to her and she had come to > church fasting for her answer. It came as clear as can be! Christine > is ready to be baptized and nothing is stopping her now! It really > strengthened my testimony of sincere fasting. I had prayed that > morning to receive help strengthening my testimony of fasting. > Heavenly Father works in incredible ways. > > I also had MLC this week. Sister Tanner and Reid dropped me off in > Wilcox Thursday night and sister Thomas and I drove to Tucson > together. You know your companions love you when they are willing to > drive 4 hours 2 days in a row just to pick you up and drop you off! > MLC was mostly about going digital with our area books. That means > we'll be spending a hardy chunk of time copying teaching records. > Woof!! The first time was at the end of a long day where we were > running from appointment to appointment. We didn't have time for a > dinner break so we grabbed some burritos to go and headed for Wilcox. > The burritos were SUPER spicy and we all were out of water so we spend > the whole ride breathing really hard but still eating because we were > starving. I couldn't stop laughing as our noses started to run and we > breathed as hard as we could. Moments like that are the greatest! I've > loved this week of adventures! > > All three of us are working our hardest and trying to be exactly > obedient. We are seeing answers to prayers left and right. I'm > grateful to be training. It's taken me back to the basics and reminded > me to be patient and slow down sometimes. I've never been good at > taking breathers. I'm working on it day by day. Thank you for all > you've done for me. Thank you for the prayers. They are much needed > and much appreciated. I love everything about missionary life. I love > my companions. I live my savior Jesus Christ and I know we can do all > things through him. Otherwise this work wouldn't be possible. Keep it > real in the 801. I love you from salt lake To silver city and back! > > -Sister Barton Love these girls! Silver city isn't going to know what to do with us! Sister Werner taught us how to make apple sauce! We spent Wednesday morning picking buckets and buckets of apples off her huge tree. Spicy burritos to go!! My mouth is still tingling The call family :) they are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment