Friday, October 10, 2014

Conference and Such

Hello Everyone! I don't have a whole lot of time so this is going to be a quick one. First of all. Mom you're going to be proud! I ALMOST donated blood this week. :) Some elders told us about a blood drive that was going on and Sister Rhodes really wanted to do it but didn't want to do it alone. She used the companion unity guilt trip and the sick children guilt trip on me. The guilt trips worked so we ate everything in our kitchen that we thought had iron in it....so pretty much carrots and almonds then biked across town to get our blood taken from us! The whole bike ride I kept telling myself "Okay Sister Barton you're doing this for the children!" Well we got there and realized that we needed IDs in order to do it. We didn't have time to go to our duplex and get them so I dodged that bullet! Woof! The guy that thought drinking a lot of water would help his seed to grow? Well we have been teaching him a lot and he really understands a ton but he wasn't keeping commitments. On Wednesday we had a lesson with him and we tried to find out why he wasn't keeping commitments. The spirit was really strong as we retaught him the first vision and told him about how if he wanted to know the truth then he needed to study and pray for himself. We asked him if he would pray to know if the church was true and he just broke down. He told us that he wasn't willing to pray because he didn't want to know the truth. To him, knowing the truth would mean needing to change and he wasn't willing to do that. I couldn't believe what he had told us. It made me think a lot about our Heavenly Father's love for us and how he has asked us to do such simple things yet we don't do them because we don't realize how much they will bless us. One of my favorite parts about conference was Elder Jorg Klebingat's talk. I've always been a big fan of lists. I like having to do lists. Elder Klebingat and so many others gave us lists of how to improve ourselves, our testimonies, and our relationship with God. All of these lists were similar and simple. God isn't trying to make our lives complicated. This gospel is so simple. God has asked us to do small and simple things that make the biggest differences in our lives. I am grateful for conference. I love the Prophet and all that he stands for. All of the talks about sustaining our prophet were so true. It is our responsibility to sustain Thomas S. Monson as our prophet through our words, actions, and thoughts. I know this church is true. I know the Book of Mormon was given to us to bless us and teach us. How can it teach us if we don't open it constantly? I love this gospel! I love being a missionary. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Have a good week everyone! I love you all so much! Happy Birthday Megan! You are an amazing example to me of a loving mother and amazing friend to everyone. I've always looked up to you for how hard you work and how willing you are to help everyone in need even when they don't ask. That's just who you are! You're an incredible example. I love you! Don't worry 25 is only halt way up the hill ;) -Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment