Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Heading Into Transfer #3

Well this was a week of non-stop adventures and miracles for sure! I can't believe it's already been another transfer. Too weird. I'll be staying in Safford for another transfer with sweet Sister Rhodes! I had a feeling that I would be staying. I guess there are still people here that need me. I'm determined to do everything I can this transfer to do the Lords work. Tuesday was "the day" which is where the entire mission does a huge exchange. I went to St. David with Sister Hendricks who is a Sister Training Leader. She is really incredible! I loved getting to see what is happening in other areas and getting more ideas on how to be a better missionary. The St. David zone includes a town called Tombstone that I was really excited to get to go see!!! I guess there is some movie about it? I don't know but tombstone is awesome! I felt like I was in the Indiana Jones part of disneyland! We were teaching a lesson in a man's apartment lobby when all of a sudden a man dressing in a for reals sheriff costume comes walking down and says "It's my day off so it's time for a walk around town." Apparently when the people of tombstone are bored they go and walk around in costumes! IT WAS SO FUN! People from all over the world come. We met a ton of people from the east coast and even a family from France. There are some things that I just don't understand. "The day" was great though! I feel like I learned so much from Sister Hendricks and just couldn't get enough of her ideas. Some say that there is a ghetto of Safford but I don't really believe it. We didn't know where to go before calling it a day so we were just biking around the "ghetto" when a group of kinda sketchy looking people stopped to talk to us. One of them introduced himself and said that he had read the Book of Mormon in prison recently and wanted us to teach him more! YAY!! We were so excited! The stake president is a judge so we asked him about our new friend and he only said great things so I'm excited to start teaching him! We tried to go over later this week but he was busy so hopefully we will find a time this week to get some lessons started! I love being in a little town because of weekends like this one. They had a big Salsa Festival where everyone came to main street and judged which Mexican restaurant had the best salsa. We went during our lunch break for a little bit and got to explore. Sister Missionaries are really spoiled in Safford. People kept handing us kettle corn and cotton candy! It was a very sugar filled lunch break but we got to talk to quit a few people! We are planning to go visit them this week and so we'll see what happens there! Did you all get to see the Women's broadcast? I was in heaven! We had 2 investigators come and they both said they loved it! All of the speakers were perfect for them! Their messages were inspired and completely catered to their concerns and needs. I loved the umbrella analogy. Heavenly Father really is constantly raining down his blessings on us. It's our choice whether or not we put down our umbrellas in order to feel the blessings! It was my favorite part of the week by far! It made me that much more excited for conference weekend! The second best part of the week was teaching young womens on Sunday. I was a little nervous and not sure how the lesson would go but we talked about being in the world and not of the world. It was a little weird teaching them because I feel like I was in their shoes 2 seconds ago but that's what made it so fun! They all talked about some things that make it hard to have an eternal perspective and I could relate to them so well. I would be perfectly fine with teaching young womens for the rest of my life! haha Those girls just have the best spirits. I can't think of anything else that is worth sharing. We are working really hard and trying to find people that are open to our message. I know that this gospel changes lives if we let it. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much! My mission has taught me how important it is to completely trust in his plan for me. In fast and testimony meeting a woman said She know's God loves us too much to give us something we can't handle. I know that she is completely right. I can't wait to see what Heavenly Father has in store for me. Everyday I'm striving to let my mission change me Because to me that is exactly what Heavenly Father wants missions to do for his children. He wants us to wait out the storms in order to see how much those storms change us! I love him so much. I love you all so much! Thank you for the love and support. Your prayers are much needed! -Sister Barton Tombstone pictures:
I found Michael's old zone leader
Look! It's just like Corina Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment