Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I'll Make A Man Out Of You- Msrch 17

I'm really sorry but I feel like this email is probably going to be a lame on..This week was pretty much a blur. I'm staying in Rincon though! My new companion is Hermana Dominguez. I'm so excited to have a Spanish companion again! She has already pinky promised that she will help me with my sad sad Spanish. Next great news: two on my investigators in Sahuarita got baptized this past month. I about died when I heard! Oh I was too stoked. We went up to Tucson for a doctors appointment and Sister Hansen told me! It was incredible. I think the biggest miracles was on Tuesday. We had our second lesson with Naomi. As soon as we walked in the house she was really excited to show us that she did her homework and had a whole page of questions that she had written down after church. The she paused and said, "But what is this coffee thing that Google told me about?" Apparently the first thing Google says about Mormons is they don't drink coffee. She was in a panic. We explained the word of wisdom briefly. She took a second to think about it, shrugged and moved onto the next question. We taught her the plan of salvation and she was shocked at how similar it is to the Muslim beliefs....what?!?!?! She is from Minnesota where apparently a lot of her friends were Muslims. The next morning we got a text from her asking us to pray for her because she was going to go the whole day without coffee! That night we asked her how it went. She told us she was really tired but committed to see if she could do it for a week! She is still going strong! You know your investigators are amazing when they start testing out commandments before they have been taught about them! Have you ever heard of a leatherman? Well a ton of people out here are military men. We were in a lesson last night with a less active couple that we are helping get to the temple/ activate. We are sitting there talking when he paused and ran into the next room. He comes out with a leatherman and says He doesn't have a daughter but if he did and she was on a mission he would make sure she had one a leatherman. My face was probably pretty horrified/confused as this huge soldier tried to teach me how to use all the knives, screws, flame thrower, and whatever else that thing has on it. He made me promise that I would keep it with me for the rest of my mission. I thought that would be the most random gift I've ever been given until we went to the Bishops house for Sister Charles to say goodbye- We are sitting there when all of a sudden Bishop Lee asked his son to get the meat out of the freezer...His son comes back with a HUGE vacuum packed bag of ribs.....Our faces were priceless! When we got home that night the Priest family thought it was so funny. The ward is trying to man us up I guess! I'm really trying to think of other adventures that happened but I'm drawing a blank. It was a super full week of rushing from one place to the other. We helped a woman paint her new house. I think I've painted more houses on my mission they I have my whole life. It was cool to learn so much about this less active woman. I had only visited her once before but it was cool to see that as we served her she opened up a lot and we were able to have a much more productive lesson spiritually just by putting some paint brushes in our hands. Well family I love you and I don't know what else to talk about so I'm ending there! Have a good week and keep me posted on that cute baby! Hermana Dominguez and I will be keeping it real in good old Rincon :) Thank you for all you do! Have the best week ever. -Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment