Monday, June 15, 2015

June 9- Rincon to New Mexico

I've been transferred to the tiny little town of silver city New Mexico! We are pink washing which means once again I've kicked elders out and taking over! My companion is sister Reid! She's from Oklahoma and has been out for 4 1/2 months. She seems really chill and down to earth. I'm pretty excited about working with her for a little bit. More big news in that I'm the New Mexico sister training leader! I have no clue what that all entails but I got to go to MLC meeting on Friday and loved it! Being able to get training from president and sister passed once a month is going to be amazing! I have already set so many goals about how I can improve my efforts to serve the lord. I've got high hopes for this transfer. We are in charge of one family ward and a ysa branch (5 active members according to the elders). Saying goodbye to my Rincon family was a little rough. Last night I came home to an apartment full of sweet notes/hearts. I feel like the most spoiled missionary in the whole world. This past week has been amazing. We saw sandy almost every single day between lessons, relief society activities, and going to witness a baptism together. She is truly converted to the gospel that was by far one of the hardest goodbyes. Being able to watch sandy's light grow brighter and brighter each day has brought me so much joy! Our last lesson was about the temple. As we were able to teach sandy that she will be able to be sealed to her husband in a year the spirit flooded the room. It was one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever been a part of. It was incredible to get that confirmation that the sealing powers of the temple are real. The goal is not baptisms or getting people to come to church. The goal is helping people come until Christ and be receive eternal life with their Heavenly Father and with their family forever! Nothing could possibly replace that blessing. We don't have a whole lot of time today but I'm grateful for the people that I was able to get to know in Rincon. I love them so much. Every single person that I came across helped play a part of my conversion. Conversion isn't an event. It's a continual process. The atonement makes it possible for all of is to change and become better each and every day. Repenting daily is essential for growth. Without the atonement we would have nothing. I love knowing that God had given us so many opportunities to change and become better. I lobe this gospel. I love my savior. I love being a missionary. And I have a pretty good feeling that I'm going to love my little town of silver city New Mexico. It freaks me out that there is not a cactus in sight but we'll get through this! As hard as goodbyes were I'm really excited to be in this area. Have the greatest week ever! I love you! Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment