Thursday, June 4, 2015

May 4 Big plans and a short email

This week we've been trying really hard to make goals. Goals for the day. Goals for the week. Goals for the transfer. Goals for the rest of our missions. Goals for life. We do our best to keep each other accountable for the goals that we set. It's been fun to see how much growth you can measure by setting goals. With summer coming quick a lot of the boarder patrol and air force people are moving out which gives us an opportunity to meet more/new people! We are praying that someone will come to the area prepared and ready for the gospel. That is one huge blessing/curse of the area. People are always coming and going. I have been with Crazy Sister Dominguez for 7 weeks and I don't think I've really told you about her...She is 20 years old, born on the boarder of Texas/Mexico but currently is from Utah. She loves taking pictures of flowers and attempting to teach me how to speak Spanish. (It doesn't work) The mornings are not her best friend but that's okay because if I do language study then she does insanity workouts with me :). She's a super talented singer (That's singer companion number 5 out of 6). She's been out for 9 months. Has 7 siblings. Loves anything cute/fluffy/pink. Went to hair school before her mission. She can't pass someone with high heals without complimenting them and she is absolutely hilarious. We have a nice time :). We are complete opposites 90% of the time but somehow we are always laughing and always making it work. I love serving with her. She has completely converted me to Mexican food! I'll be calling ya'll in 6 days so we'll just talk then. :) Have a good week! Happy Mothers Day! I love you all and am so grateful for all the incredible Mothers that have been a part of my life- on the mission and off the mission. The past 10 months has opened my eyes a little big wider to everything that mothers do. I am eternally grateful to be part of the greatest family in the world and get to have the very best mother in the world as my best friend! -Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment