Thursday, June 4, 2015

May 18 Going Digital....

> Sorry about emailing a day late! We had a surprise mission conference yesterday so p-day is today instead. For the conference a member of the quarum of the 70 came down and talked to us about technology and how we will all be receiving ipads this next week. At first I was completely against this but as Elder Evans talked to us about how our mission is the MTC for the rest of our life. We are being prepared to be future leaders, parents, and eternal companions. In order to realistically do that we aren't going to be able to avoid using technology. The new digital program for missionaries is supposed to prepare us for using technology for the rest of our lives. Slowly I opened my mind to the idea that ipads could be a good thing. I'm just excited to get to do family history during lunch breaks.... > > When I called on Mother's Day Dad asked me what is the biggest lesson my mission has taught me....well we had interviews with President Passey this week and he asked me the exact same question. It's been on my mind a lot and the list never ends. > > Here's what I've got to far..My mission has taught me: > > 1.How simple the Gospel is meant to be > 2. It's so important to show gratitude for ALL THINGS. Not just the good stuff. We need to be grateful for EVERYTHING, in ALL times, ALL things, and ALL places. > 3. We are so very loved! > 4. Commandments aren't rules. They are reasons for God to bless us. > 5. How to feast on the words of Christ. Words cannot express how much I love the Book of Mormon! > 6. The difference between a testimony and conversion > 7. how to work and work and then work some more. > 8. What I want to be as an eternal companion and what I want in my future eternal companion. > 9. Pray- never stop praying > 10. Family History is incredible, addicting, and can bring us so much closer to our Heavenly Father > 11. PATIENTS with myself, others, and the Lord > 12. Sometimes you just have to kill them with kindness. > 13. I am so very blessed/the lord is just waiting to bless us > 14. How important it is to set goals and make plans, work until you've accomplished them, then set the bar that much higher. > 15. What is means to bare my testimony > 16. Communication is everything! If you can't communicate with someone nothing is going to happen. > 17. 2 nephi 4:34-35- During my interview I was talking to President Passey about how I just want to be better at showing my faith. We are fasting sometimes multiple times a week, working as hard as we can, studying as much as we can, using members and trying to do service ever day. How can I show more faith?!?! He asked me what I want for the rest of my mission. After hearing my schpeal about wanted to show more faith so that we can see more success he handed my this scripture. The next lesson I want to learn is how to completely trust in my Heavenly Father. I want to be 100% reliant and loyal to him. I know he wants to bless us. I just need to have faith that he is blessing us. "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass". > 18. I've learned how blessed I am to be in an eternal family, to have grown up so close to temples, have the priesthood in my home, have the greatest parents in the world, have the opportunity to be doing the greatest work in the whole world. I am more blessed then I will ever realize. > > My mission is teaching me new things everyday. I'm learning that I will never be a singer, a chef, or a "perfect missionary". But I'm working on it! I know This is God's work. I know he is molding me into who he wants me to be. I can't express enough gratitude for that! > > > A quick update on Cassandra and Rudy. We got pretty bold with them this week. We haven't been able to teach them very consistently so on Wednesday we went over to find Rudy just getting home from work. We asked him if we could come by and have a discussion. He started making excuses. Half way through his excuses we cut him off, set an alarm on our phone, and said he could kick us out in 20 minutes! He paused let us in. In no time we were having the most spirit filled lesson with them that I have ever experienced. We taught lesson three- Gospel of Jesus Christ. Ever since then we have been meeting with them every other day. Last night Rudy told us that he feels peace when he reads the Book of Mormon. He feels peace when he meets with us. He feels peace when he prays. Then as soon as he "unplugs" the peace is replaced by the world. He knows these things are true. He told us about how when we first came over there was no way he was going to let us in and talk to us. He has changed so much! He is so much closer to his Heavenly Father. He is beginning to understand his purpose as a husband and father. He is THE BEST! In your prayers this week please pray for Cassandra and Rudy. They are so close to accepting the truth. > > There is no greatest joy than being in the service of the Lord. I love it so much! Thank you for everything! I couldn't do this without you! I love you all and love hearing about all the adventures. Have an amazing week and don't forget to let missionary work be a part of it. > D&C 115:4-5 4 For thus shall my church be called in the last days, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. > > 5 Verily I say unto you all: Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations; > > > Sister Barton > > p.s. Do 20 year olds have to be mature? I don't know if I can do that....

No comments:

Post a Comment