Wednesday, January 14, 2015

December 16- Area number 3

Family! Wow it's been a crazy crazy week. Soooo yes I have left my sweet Madera Ward in Green Valley. I'm on to my third area with my fourth companion Sister Charles. AND I'M TRAINING! Sister Charles is from Kentucky and so far seems to really really just want to be a diligent and obedient missionary. Neither of us know the area at all and the elders before us didn't really give us a whole lot of information about the area but that's okay! We are going to make it work. We now cover 2 wards and other than that I know nothing about where I am...people tell me I'm east of Tucson..it's called Rincon. haha Okay so this week was crazy busy. It started with another "the day". I can't believe how fast that came! I went with Sister Flake this time. Once again we were in Spanish mode. The hard part was is she is a pretty new missionary so she wasn't super confident going into some of the harder lessons but she did great! During language study I showed her my Spanish skills and she was impressed! Yay! I can sometimes understand what people are talking about but I can't speak at all! Reading is the easiest. Ugh I should probably work on that. The rest of the week flew by! We went to my favorite place -Arivca a few times to visit less actives and to see Heidi. Saying goodbye to the people there was for sure the hardest. Once a month they have a sacrament meeting there in the old school building. This week was that week! There was only about 20 people there and half of them were us and the Duncan family but it was the most powerful sacrament meeting I've ever been to. We sang Christmas songs, took the sacrament, and then had a testimony meeting about gifts that we have been blessed with. I think the whole room was crying including our less active Brother Hancock! It was the first time he had been to church in since his wife passed away a few years ago. Seeing him there was one last miracle before saying goodbye to my sweet home of Arivca! After the meeting we had a delightful mexican feast! Heidi had Sister Call and I crying in the kitchen as we said goodbye! That was for sure the hardest goodbye. She means the world to me! She talks about going to the temple in a year more than she talks about her baptism next month. Her year mark will be exactly when I get home! Tender mercy? I think yes! Okay so I also went on an exchange yesterday! One of my super good friends from the Gila Valley, Sister Grange had a really hard transfer with her companion that went home today. President asked me to go on an exchange with her super fast so she could recharge before she began training today. It was so good to be with Sister Grange for a day and chit chat. We got a ton of work done in her area and everything is all set up for her new missionary to have a good first week! I have to go but I love you all and I can't wait to call you in just 10 days! The church is true. God loves us! I know it. He is with us every step of this crazy adventure called mortal life! I hope everyone is almost ready for Christmas! -Sister Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment