Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week of Dec. 1- They Didn't Teach Me That At The MTC

Alright I promise this weeks letter will be better than last weeks! These computers just give me no time! Okay so A LOT happened this week. 1. We had interviews with President Passey! I love and admire him so much. I have been struggling with a few things and before I even said anything he answered a ton of my questions. He is just incredible. 2. I went into Spanish mode this week! Well actually everyone around me went into Spanish mode and I sat there wondering what was going on. This week we went on exchanges with the Sister Training leaders. I go to go up to the ghetto of Tucson with Sister Lopez! She was in the Gila Valley with me so it was really nice to be with a familiar face again. The only problem is that every other companionship of Sisters around me are Spanish Sisters. Which means I got to go to a Spanish area! When I was with Sister Smyth I could pick up a little bit of Spanish but I had no clue what anyone was saying the entire day! It was weird. I officially know how missionaries feel when they go to a different country. We did have one lesson in English though! Luckily she spoke good enough English to have a lesson that I could understand. She is a super cool lady with a really sketchy past. She was covered in tattoos - you know like the tear drop ones and stuff. Plus she was lacking quit a bit of clothing and was playing with a snake when we walked into the apartment! I was so excited to teach her as soon as we walked in! I wasn't disappointed. We talked about being grateful for what the Lord has given us. She talked about how she was raised in the church but when she moved to Tucson in Elementary School the kids would abuse her verbally and physically because she was a Mormon. Finally she told her mom that she wanted to go to a different church because then people wouldn't beat her up. Later on She got caught up in negative things and just lost sight of the straight and narrow path. She told us that she was so grateful that she was able to find her way back and got out of all that mess. After everyone in the room listed a few things that they were grateful for we asked them how they show their gratitude. As a group we decided that God gives us talents, blessings, and strengths so that we can share them with others. We read the story in Matthew about Christ turning just a few loaves of bread into basket fulls in order to feel thousands of people. It's the same way with what we have been given. With small and simple things are great things brought to pass. As soon as we choose to let our blessings bless others lives, our blessings multiply! She asked us if we would give her a couple of extra Books of Mormon so that she could share them with her friends. She says, "You know people are scared of you missionaries. I have sins on me so they aren't scared of me. I'm just like them. You guys are scary though." She is such an amazing example to me! She taught me how important it is to use everything that the Lord has given us. I read a talk called Baring your Burdens with Ease. We all have been through hard things that have lead us to where we are today. Lorita is determined to take all of her mistakes and let them help her be a tool in God's hands. Oh how I love meeting people like Lorita. 3. We have a new investigator! Her name is Heidi. She found us on mormon.org! We got a text last Monday giving us her address and phone number. We drove all the way to the boarder to go meet her! She is incredible. She loved church on Sunday! Everyone in the ward was so excited to see an investigator come to church! We love Heidi. She has already read the first 80 pages of the Book of Mormon so that's pretty much incredible. She lives an hour away so it's hard to see her very often but when we do it's always a good lesson. Please keep her in your prayers! 4. Thanksgiving was incredible! We got to visit lots of widows and had dinner with a new family in the ward. There were 4 Sisters and each of them reminded me of one of my own. They were teasing each other and giggling the whole time! Loved it! Okay I have to go but I love you all and am grateful for you! The work in Green Valley is making so much progress. This area is starting to blossom right before our eyes. I just can't figure out why they call it GREEN Valley.... Today we are going to the boarder of mexico. The Elders have been talking about it all week. We'll see how that goes! I love you all! I love this work. I love this gospel! I want to invite you all to pray for missionary experiences. Find someone to serve. Even helping a random old lady put up her Christmas lights is missionary work (Did that yesterday). This church is true. The gospel is here for us to share. The lord answers every single prayer said. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment