Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 5- Happy New Years

Hello Family! (Safford and all) How is everyone? From your emails you all sound way too busy. You should probably take a break and go on splits with the missionaries....food for thought. I have no clue what I'm going to email about this week so bare with me. This week was pretty slow work wise. Last p-day was only a half p-day because Thursday was M.U.D.! (Mission unity day). President and Sister Passey threw a huge party for all the missionaries! We had Sonora Dogs and everything! All of the missionaries got to hang out and play games at the stake center all day long! It was SO good to see Sister Rhodes and some of my cute mission friends! I found out that one of my investigators in Safford is getting baptized this weekend! ahh I'm so stoked for Stephanie! Getting to hang out with everyone made me really realize how many memories my mission has given me. It felt so good to just be with everyone! Next amazing thing about this week was we got to have a mini missionary live with us for the weekend! Cecelia is a 16 year old girl from Southern Tucson. She got baptized a little over a year ago and is debating on going on a mission so to help decide President gave her to us for a weekend to show her what she will be signing up for. I prayed and prayed that while she was here we would be able to show her the joy of the work and prayers were for sure answered! Suddenly we were getting into houses that we have been trying for the whole transfer! It was cool to see how much she loved the work! Plus she was a very big good luck charm so I wouldn't mind doing a mini mission every day! Next miracle. The holidays made it really hard to teach people. Everyone was either out of town or constantly running around trying to get stuff done. Now that the holidays are over things are starting to get back to normal! It's been WAY easier to get a hold of people. All throughout the past week we were making return appointments for this week so this week should be the busiest week ever! YAY! With the new building being opened up in 2 weeks pretty much most of the less actives we see say they will start coming to the new building...we'll see about that...HOPEFULLY they are telling the truth. I'm really excited for the church open house because everyone in town has been saying that they are inviting some friends! The 18th can't come soon enough! :) Now that the new year is here everyone keeps talking about goals and resolutions. I've never really liked the idea of resolutions because I feel like they never get done BUT if my mission has taught me one things it's the importance of making goals. As I've pondered and prayed about the goals that I have for this next year I can think of about 5169465131 things. My biggest one is figuring out who God wants me to become. It's not enough to be an obedient missionary. Anyone can do that! My list of goals are all about who I want to become. It's weird that I've already been out 6 months. I only have a year to figure out what kind of missionary God wants me to become. SCARY! I want so badly to be a good missionary. That is a process not an event. On the morning of MUD Heidi got in a roll over accident. It was the first and only snow of the year so 7 cars hit black ice on the freeway. Heidi was one of them. Her car rolled three times. The accident shock her up really bad emotionally. President Passey told me the news and I just about freaked out. I called her and she said she walked away from the accident without a scratch. She hit the ice and immediately felt something lift her hands off the wheel and protect her. She said the whole thing was 100 miles an hour yet slow motion. Through it all she said she felt so protected. She somehow knew that it was going to be okay. I admire her faith so much! She'll be getting baptized this weekend. I'm speaking at her baptism and seriously just can't wait to see her. Heavenly Father is watching out for her so much. Through all of the hard trials that have tried to stop her from progressing she has let them only strengthen her. She has strengthened my testimony so much. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father who is looking out for us. I know that Heidi was able to walk away from that accident with a totaled car yet not even a scratch because she was being protected. I know this church is true. I know it. Have a good week! Love you all! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN FRODSHAM! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! -Sister Barton
First Snow!
Mini Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment