Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Grateful

Wow. That's kinda sorta all I can say. I opened up my email and was overwhelmed with emails of love. Thank you so much. All of you are truly answers to my prayers. Everyone always told me that missions are hard. I had no idea what that meant. They really are full of so many twists and turns that you never see coming. The great thing is that I know every trial is there to help me learn and grow. Let me tell ya about my area. It's not nearly as spread out as my last one and there is only one private community so there are much less interactions with cops now adays. Pretty much everyone here is working for the military (the air force base is 10 minutes away) or Ratheon which is like missal and bomb engineering top secret stuff. I don't know! Once again they pretty much sent me to the middle of nowhere. I've come to the conclusion that all of Arizona is the middle of nowhere unless you are right in the middle of the city. The community is growing like crazy! Apparently the vail school district is da bomb so there are lots of families moving in. One of our wards is an army for a primary which is way different from the 20 kids in my last ward. Some of the area is normal neighborhoods but a lot of it is the typical dirt roads, super spread out, nobody knows their neighbors sort of place. I have grown to love falling asleep to the sound of Coyotes. Everyone here has to be super careful about leaving their animals outside at night because...well ya know...they won't be there the next day..The other day Bother Chinchilla told us that we need to learn how to be ranchers so on Thursday we are going to work at his ranch! I am so stoked! Ahh I'm somehow almost out of time so I'll be quick. Today I am just full of gratitude. I'm grateful for my amazing family, I'm grateful that I get to put on a name tag everyday that not only has my name on it but the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have of this restored gospel. The one and only true gospel on the earth today. I am grateful for the atonement and the chance that we have to constantly be improving ourselves. I cannot even begin to describe how grateful my mission has made me. It's incredible how much I have learned and grown over the past 7 months. Somehow this week people kept asking me about what I want to do when I grow up and where I want to go to school. I honestly have no answers to any of these questions but I am confident that the next 11 months will help me figure out everything one step at a time. Thank you again for all the prayers and all the kind words. It means everything to me. I think I sometimes forget that I am for sure not doing this alone. I have so much help surrounding me. Thank you! I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment